Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Frustration

Fired Saturday.
The results didn't exactly produce an Irish jig of jubilation.

First i ought-a point out that even tho there is a large crack alongside the face, the cup doesn't leak and is perfectly usable. Altho, i realize the design is poor, for the rim leaves little room to drink beverages. (With a bit of dexterity tho, one can get a sip or two of coffee.)
Taking all that into consideration, what upsets me most is that while the face is a perfectly acceptable color -- it leaves the poor fellow looking quite sallow. I don't know how to correct for that. And while he looks a bit sallow in morning light, at night, with house lighting, he looks like a mellow-yellow soft drink gone flat.
Most disappointing.
Chae

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ahhh, we all have those moments Chae. It's just one of those things that comes along with making work out of clay. I had a long throwing session the other afternoon and I was fighting the clay. I kept trying to tell myself to relax and the clay would take notice. I finally had to call it a day.

I'm rather fond of your little fellow. It reminds me a bit of an Appalachian moonshine mug. :D A project that I'm going to try to do in the near future.

chaetoons said...

Thanks for the heartening words, Cynthia. They really helped buck me up to try again !!!
Chae