Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just Such A Day As This

Sunday, September 30, 2007
Transcribed from Spritely Spoofs


. .................................................Wedded Bliss.....................................


Onwards and upwards, as Donovan always says. And isn't that the truth of it.
The kilns and the potters wheel arrived.
Learned how to program the digital controller. Mostly.
Haven't worked with the gas kiln yet. Am anxious to try it out.
In fact, haven't done much a'tall this past week, except to throw two purely-poor pieces.
Even after all these years, the pain of my husband's death plummets me into the void of depression. I thought this year, to tippy-toe past it. But no. One day last week, the sunlight filtered across my worktable in oh .... just such a way .... and my spirit flew into utter and abject desire for annihilation. But it's ok. Today is Sept. 30th and we have survived the day.
My sons, my wonderful sons, helped me tremendously. They built a kiln room and there reposits the gas beasti waiting for me to take my courage in hand and glost fire the ever accumulating pieces waiting for reduction firing.
The piece above is a case in point. I think had Pat lived, we would resemble this couple. Bonded in the cup of life, sipping the joys of unity.
Chae

No comments: